Deploying Infinity Scan with Kofax Controls and Kofax
Infinity Scan may be deployed with Kofax Image Controls for
general scan support and VirtualReScan to support Advanced Image
Processing. This deployment requires completing the following
Prerequisites for Scanning
The following prerequisite tasks should be completed before
beginning the Infinity Scan installation procedure:
- Confirm that Infinity Process Platform has been deployed.
- Install a Infinity Process Platform compatible scanner with and confirm that
Kofax supports the scanner being used. Use the link below to
access the Kofax Web site to view the software requirements for
compatible hardware http://scadmin.kofax.com/KCSearch/Search.aspx.
- Confirm the scanner interface is FireWire or a USB1.1 or
Install the prerequisite software on the scan workstation in
the order listed below:
- Microsoft .NET framework 4.0
- KOFAX Image Controls 3.6 or higher.
- Kofax VirtualReScan 4.0 or 4.1 or 4.5 and configure a source
device with AIPE
- Note: If you are using the Kofax provider and if the Kofax vrs is installed on your machine,
then you must specify the default service provider as kofax in the InfinityScan.exe.Config
file. For more information, please refer to the Configuring Infinity Scan
- Important! Do not begin the Infinity Scan Installation procedure
before the steps and prerequisites listed above have been
- The scan workstation should meet the minimum
requirements as described in the
It must also use a scanner that supports Kofax controls.
Contact your SunGard Customer Representative for recommendations
specific to your requirements.
Testing the Scanner
Complete the following steps to make sure that the scanner has
been set up properly.
- Navigate to Start > Programs > Kofax
- Click the VCDEM32.EXE shortcut.
- Click on the Source menu and select Scanner. Pick the source
you selected during the VRS Image Control installation. The
scanner should be ready.
- Place a document in the scanner.
- Click on the Source menu and select Process Image. The
document should be scanned and will display in the
If the document scanned properly, you should be able to install
Infinity Scan and begin using Infinity Scan to scan documents into
Infinity Process Platform.
If the document did not scan properly, you will need to
troubleshoot your installation of the scanner, Kofax Image Control
Software, and VRS. Refer the Kofax documentation for
Installing the Infinity Scan
You can download the Infinity Scan installer as a zip file from the following location.
InfinityScan.zip. Once you unzip the file, double-click the InfinityScan
application file. The Infinity Scan gets initiated.
Configure Kofax VirtualReScan
Make the following changes to Kofax VirtualReScan:
From the Errors tab of the VRS Administration Utility,
select Return Error from the Out of Paper drop
list as shown below.
From the VRS Interactive Viewer, clear the Enable
Deletion checkbox on the Blank Page control.
Note: Detailed instructions for making the configuration
changes listed above can be downloaded from the Kofax Web site at