A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W XY Z
- An Access Control List (ACL) represents a
list of permissions attached to a document.
- Apache Ivy
- A tool for managing project dependencies provided by Apache.
- Apache Maven
- A software tool for project management and build automation provided by Apache.
- Activity Instance.
- Adaptive Server Enterprise (a database
product from Sybase).
- Business Process Management
- The DB2 Call Level Interface is IBM's callable SQL
interface to the DB2 family of database servers.
- Character Large Object - a collection of character data
in a database management system.
- Content Management System is a computer
application used to create, edit, manage, and publish content.
- Content Management Interoperability System is an open standard
that allows different content management systems to share their information.
- Consumer Model
- A Consumer Model is a model, which uses model elements like
data types, process definitions and applications that are provided and marked
as public by another model (see Provider Model).
- Distributed Process Model Set
- A Process Model Set containing
process models deployed on two or more Infinity Process Platform runtime environments
(partition) is called Distributed Process Model Set.
- Data Definition Language for defining data
- Document Management System. A set of computer
programs which provides operations to track and store documents.
- Distributed Transaction Manager
- The Enterprise Archive file (EAR) is a file
format used to package Java applications. The carnot.ear file
provided with the Infinity Process Platform distribution files is a deployable archive,
which contains the Infinity Process Engine.
- Enterprise Java Bean.
- The Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) project
is a modeling framework and code generation facility for building tools
and other applications based on a structured data model.
- Entity Manager
- The main runtime class of the JPA runtime
- External Short Messaging Entity - an external application that connects to a Short Message
Service Center to engage in the sending and/or receiving of SMS messages.
- The Graphical Editing Framework (GEF) Eclipse
project allows developers to create a graphical editor from an existing
- Grails is a framework to create Web
applications for high productivity.
- Graphical User Interface.
- Google Web Toolkit is a framework to create
- The unique object identifier of process model elements or
models. They can be accessed and referenced through these identifiers.
- Identity Provider
- Infinity Process Platform
- This is the general product name.
- Infinity Process Platform API
- Infinity Process Platform's Application Programming Interface.
The Infinity Process Platform API is organized along the concepts of specific services
needed to perform common usage scenarios.
- Infinity Process Engine
- This name is used for the runtime component of Infinity Process Platform.
- Infinity Process Workbench
- The Infinity Process Workbench is the Eclipse
platform where you can construct and manage workflow models.
- see Apache Ivy.
- The Java Authentication and Authorization
Service is a security framework for user-centric security to augment
the Java code-based security. It is one of the authentication options
provided by Infinity Process Platform.
- Apache Jackrabbit provides open source
content repository support for the Java platform.
- Java Architecture for XML Binding
- Content Repository API for Java.
- Java Message Service, used for sending
messages between two or more clients.
- The Java Naming and Directory Interface API,
used to access different kinds of naming and directory services.
- Java Persistence API, a Java programming
language framework used to manage relational data in Java standard
edition and Enterprise Edition applications.
It is used as data type in Infinity Process Platform.
- A Java Virtual Machine, developed by BEA Systems.
- Java Server Faces.
computer data interchange format.
- Java Server Pages.
- The Java Transaction API allows distributed
transactions to be performed across multiple transaction resources.
- Maven Repository
- Infinity Process Platform provides its artifacts in an
Apache Maven Repository, which serves as storage location, from
which the provided packages may be retrieved.
- Motu stands for Masters of the Universe. This
is the default Infinity Process Platform administrative id/password pair.
- Materialized Query Tables.
- OAuth is an open standard to allow secure authorization.
- The internal object identifier of a Infinity Process Platform
element. It identifies objects located anywhere in the context of
Infinity Process Platform. An OID is 32 bits long and is globally
unique inside a model.
- POJO is an acronym for Plain
Old Java Object.
- A Project Object Model (POM)
is a construct used by Apache Maven to describe the software project
being built, its dependencies on other external modules and components,
and the build order.
- Process Interface
- Process Interfaces define cross-references to process
definitions from different process models. A process interface also
defines the process to be invoked and the parameter mappings for the
- Process Model
- A Process Model (or Workflow Model) is a set of process
definitions and other process artifacts. Process models are stored as
- Process Model Set
- A Process Model Set is a set of process models (1...n) that
can but need not be deployed in one Infinity Process Platform runtime
or be linked via references.
- Provider Model
- A Provider Model is a model, which defines public artifacts like
data types, process definitions and applications that can be used by
- The Rapid Application Development
(RAD) offers the possibility to get started quickly in application
development without requiring a client-dependent development
- Representational State Transfer - is a style of
software architecture for distributed hypermedia systems.
- RunTime ENVironment
- Remote Procedure Call - technology that allows e.g. distributed
function (or method) calls familiar to many developers.
- Simple Object Access Protocol - an XML-based protocol
to exchange information between applications over HTTP.
- Security Assertion Markup Language - an XML-based, open-standard
data format for exchanging authentication and authorization data
- Service Provider Interface - a software mechanism to
support replaceable components.
- Short Message Peer to Peer Protocol - a protocol designed to provide a flexible data
communications interface for transferring short message data between External Short Messaging Entities
(ESME), Routing Entities and Message Centers.
- Spring is a layered Java/J2EE application
framework as an alternative for the development and runtime of Java
applications in a managed environment.
- Single Sign-On enables to login without having to re-enter any login
credentials after an initial login.
- Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication -
financial messaging format.
- User Interface
- Unique Identifier
- Version Control System, a system for managing multiple
revisions of the same unit of information.
- A Web Archive (WAR) file is a portable,
packaged Web application.
- Web Application Description Language - an XML-based file format
that provides a machine-readable description of HTTP-based Web applications.
- Workflow Management Coalition, a consortium
which defines standards for the interoperability of workflow management
- Workflow Model
- See Process Model.
- The Web Services Description Language (WSDL)
is an XML-based specification to describe Web services.
- The Eclipse Web Tools Platform (WTP) project
extends the Eclipse platform with tools for developing Web and Java EE
- XML Path Language - used to address parts of
an XML document.
- Process models are stored in the XML Process
Definition Language format of the Workflow Management Coalition (WfMC).
This format is uniformly used in the whole Infinity Process Engine.
- XML Schema Definition