The following diagram describes the process of a message processing solution:
Figure: Messaging Process
A messaging process is performed with the following steps:
- Messages of a specific format enter the flow as a streaming buffer.
- These messages are parsed to a data structure.
- The messages go through some validation.
- The messages are manipulated, either enriched with additional information or
transformed to other messages of specific formats.
- The flow evolves based on some conditions evaluated on the message content and then
the messages are either distributed via applications or network,
or/and archived to a database.
To describe a message processing environment, you need to define:
- the message data structures
- the message format to be able to parse messages from and serialize them
to streaming buffers
- the processing flow
Messages in the Infinity Process Platform Workflow Execution Perspective are represented as structured data.
Please refer to the chapter
Structured Data Types
for detailed information on this data type.