Setting Preferences for Activity Panel Presentation
Using the Activity Panel, each logged in user and administrator can set preferences for
open and close operations of the Interactive Activity View. It enables the auto-display
of documents and auto-close of child views when parent views are closed. However, the set preferences
are applicable for the first time activation of the activity instance.
Figure: Activity Panel Options
Following are the open and close preferences of the Interactive Activity view:
When the Interactive Activity View opens
- Display Process Attachments - A check box is selected by default.
If selected, the documents associated with the Process Instance is
auto-opened in separate views. So whenever an activity instance is
activated, the oldest or all associated documents are displayed
- Which documents do you want to display?
- Oldest Documents - A radio button is selected by default.
If selected, the oldest document associated with the Process
Instance is auto-opened when an Activity is activated.
- All Documents - If selected, all typed documents associated
with the Process Instance is auto-opened in separate views.
- Where do you want the document content to display?
- Portal Window - A radio button is selected by default. The
document content get displayed in the portal window.
- New Browser Window - If selected, the document content is
opened in a separate browser window. Also, when interactive activity
is activated, the document content is auto-opened in a separate
- Display Mapped Documents - By default, the check box is selected. When selected,
the mapped documents are opened whenever the activity is activated.
- Display Notes - If selected, all notes associated with the Process
Instance are auto-displayed in a single Notes View.
- Display Process Details - If selected, the Process Details View
Note that currently the options for Minimize Launch Panel,
Maximize View and Pin Activity View are disabled.
When the Interactive Activity View closes
If the Close Related Views check box is selected, all views, that
are open and related to the activity, are closed when the activity view is closed, if
there is no following activity to be invoked belonging to the same process
Views related to an interactive activity could be for example
process attachments, note views or process details. When the user completes,
suspends, suspends and saves or closes an interactive activity, it
is checked if there is a next activity to be invoked that belongs to the
same process instance. If not, the related views get closed as well,
otherwise they remain open until the process instance is completed.
This check box is selected, by default.
Show Warning for Unsaved Documents Opened from Activity Views - By default, this check box is selected.
If selected, a warning message is displayed for an activity that has mapped documents open when it is in Completed
or Suspended and Saved state. If Do not show this message again check box is selected in the
Warning dialog box, then it is cleared.
Auto-Generated Activity Views
- Number of Column Used to Display Data in Table Layouts - Allows selecting the number
of columns to display multiple cardinality data structures in the auto-generated manual activity panel
and document meta-data panel. The drop-down list contains 1 to 9 and All options. By default, All is selected. This
option is provided when the cardinality is set to one or more / zero or more.
- Number of Columns Used to Display Data in Column Layouts - Allows selecting the number
of columns to display single cardinality data structures and contiguous primitive, enumeration and document
data in auto-generated manual activity views and document meta-data panels. The drop-down list contains 1 to 7 options.
By default, 3 is selected.